Valliant Ecotec Plus 837 combi boiler or intergas combi | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Valliant Ecotec Plus 837 combi boiler or intergas combi in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Was about to buy a valliant ecotec 837 for my house. But after reading some of you guys views on the intergas i am re-thinking. Are they really as good as there made out to be?

im currently renovating the full house so either the kitchen or the cupboard under the stairs

I love intergas boilers, but admit their not easy on the eye, so if your gonna be looking at it, go for the vailant.

Both great boilers, if its out of sight, i would give the intergas a go

I would be putting the Vaillant 837 in.

No disrespect intended to the guys fitting Intergas, but I have seen lots of manufacturers come and go from the UK market over the years. Some of them have been very large European manufacturers.

The only boiler manufacturers I am confident will still be here in 10 years time are WB, Vaillant group, Ideal and BDR Thermea (Baxi/Pott/Main).

[DLMURL="http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/site.php?page=productdetails&__utma=78994252.1273380116.1383340297.1383340297.1383340297.1&__utmb=78994252.9.10.1383340297&__utmc=78994252&__utmz=78994252.1383340297.1.1.utmcsr%3Dgoogle%7Cutmccn%3D%28organic%29%7Cutmcmd%3Dorganic%7Cutmctr%3D%28not%20provided%29&pagina=productdetails&intergas_lijsten_Produkten_detail=26&catid=7"]Intergas - Smart Choice[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/site.php?page=productdetails&__utma=78994252.1273380116.1383340297.1383340297.1383340297.1&__utmb=78994252.9.10.1383340297&__utmc=78994252&__utmz=78994252.1383340297.1.1.utmcsr%3Dgoogle%7Cutmccn%3D%28organic%29%7Cutmcmd%3Dorganic%7Cutmctr%3D%28not%20provided%29&pagina=productdetails&intergas_lijsten_Produkten_detail=26&catid=7"]Intergas - Smart Choice[/DLMURL]

How long have these been in the uk? And has anyone repaired one yet to see what parts ate like to get hold of?
installers on here seem to like them. ( might have to give one a try)

havent had to replace any parts yet on ones I have installed in recent years, and less to breakdown anyhow.

Never been asked to fit intergas valliant 837 would be where my money would go. Good service, readily avail parts and there are only 2 more moving parts than in intergas. Plus it looks like a boiler .

Honestly never clapped eyes on an Intergas so i don't know what they would be like but i'd guess they would have to be good because the manu back up and parts availability will probably be poor to very poor

back up is fine at present, local subbies for most areas and their own techies are very helpful and always on the end of a phone for me, and thats not office based lads the ones on the road will help. Parts are available at most merchants and its all in one briefcase sized bag! When I had a fan with a loose connection I called intergas who got my merchant to strip down a boiler for another fan to save waiting for an overnight delivery, but by then i had found the connector at fault and all was ok. So they seem to want to help.

how does the kw size work with them gas man what kw is the 36/30?
i have no idea bu a duotec 40 HEA would suit your needs 7 year warranty on that or 10 years on a platinum,internally its similar to a valiant,never fitted a intergas cant comment other than there bloody ugly

i have no idea bu a duotec 40 HEA would suit your needs 7 year warranty on that or 10 years on a platinum,internally its similar to a valiant,never fitted a intergas cant comment other than there bloody ugly

not as ugly as brown rovers :)

However at least GM has said he cant comment on Intergas as he hasnt fitted one, but it would seem a lot of others derride a boiler that they have yet to fit or work on.

Intergas are not unique in there double heat exchanger design. Ferolli and Vokera among other have used (still use) it.
What makes Intergas so special.

Fitted two, repaired one. Mind bogglingly difficult to control and set up. Bloody awkward to work on. Like most boilers.

Intergas are not unique in there double heat exchanger design. Ferolli and Vokera among other have used (still use) it.
What makes Intergas so special.

Didn't wb early ones do this also?

cheers gas man had a look at the duotec looks a good boiler. whats baxi like these days are the reliable , what about the customer service

cheers gas man had a look at the duotec looks a good boiler. whats baxi like these days are the reliable , what about the customer service
the HEA is very reliable but avoid the GA version in regards to there service i can only speak as i find and in wales there excellent

Fitted two, repaired one. Mind bogglingly difficult to control and set up. Bloody awkward to work on. Like most boilers.

if its the intergas thats hard to set up, youd never cope with a wb or vaillant :)

if its the intergas thats hard to set up, youd never cope with a wb or vaillant :)

My default boilers are Vaillant, p.o.p to set up. The Intergas boilers just don't make scense to me. I repaired one last week, sticking hw flow switch. I looked to see what a pump change woud be like, you need a set af hex keys about 6" long! Not in my normal tool kit.

Approved installer for Intergas here, also certed for 3 other manu's.

Intergas has nightmare aftercare, that is me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
Back