Van work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Van work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just had my timing belt changed - approx 1.5hrs work

Was quoted £300 by garage

Now having coil Spring in car changed - nearly finished approx 1hrs work was quoted £192 by garage

Mobile mechanic here, nice chap, was recommended to me, so much cheaper, no overheads I suppose.

Using him has saved me at least £150

Very pleased

Yep no overheads , thats the answer.

Its about twenty years ago when I finished in the motor trade , I had a small garage, repairs, resprays, mot prep etc etc . I worked about 4 days a week to pay the overheads and a day left to make a wage lol .

Overhead now is the van , ( as well as the other stuff of course ) no brainer really isnt it

Im sure he still has overheads like the rest of us, but obviously lower than a full garage...

The only drawback Is that he may be limited to what work he can do, I guess some jobs require the use of a ramp etc & I would not fancy doing his type of work out in the cold & rain all day!

My best mate works from home and does all my stuff. Its really handy having a 2 post lift and all the air tools available..........it makes everything sooooo much easier and parts at cost.

Similar plumbing topics

Saw the fella in the pub again tonight, the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Don't forget to make sure you buy your gas...
Replies
Views
T
I have this in my house and it's brilliant
Replies
Views
csmithy
C
I had the mash hammer at my side ready to bray...
Replies
Views
Back