Vantage concealed cistern, flush mounting clips broken. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vantage concealed cistern, flush mounting clips broken. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had an intermittent problem a couple of years ago whereby the flush wouldn’t shut off and it continuously overflowed into the bowl. As it was a new build I had the builder send a plumber round to resolve the issue.
That worked until recently when it started again.
Assuming it was just the washer I ordered a replacement and unscrewed the flush from the base. I did think when I took it off that it came off rather easily and when I came to refit it I discovered both the securing clips at the base have broken off.
Can I replace the bottom clip assembly or, as it’s one of those cisterns that are preassembled by TD do I have to replace the whole unit?
it looks like the base might be a press (or screw) fit but as it’s such limited access I don’t want to compound my problems by forcing something.
I did find a Vantage 2 push fit basket on toiletspares.co.uk but again don’t really know if this is the right part.

Im happy to get a plumber in if that’s the general consensus but I thought maybe I could do it if it’s an easy fix.

Attachments

• 71207051-ACB3-4E29-A56D-05395643267C.jpeg
    71207051-ACB3-4E29-A56D-05395643267C.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 35

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I*ve had to replace the clip base of the flush...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Worked a treat,
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Post a picture of what you have is it totally...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you guys Think I need to get the plumber...
Replies
Views
Back