Vented system Air issue | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vented system Air issue in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys

have a issue with a vented system that I recently did work on when I refilled the system I seem to have trapped in the system which wont budge any ideas?

Also cleaned the f and e tank out as was very sludgy while in the loft I noticed that's where the cold feed tees into the expansion pipe in 22mm is this acceptable??

have never come across he cold feed teed into pipework that way

thanks

Sounds like a common cold feed and vent pipe. Is it an old one?
Depends where the air is lurking. ideally, find the high spot and fit an AV, or as most folks do, connect a hosepipe and blast it through with mains water, or switch the pump on full and shut a few valves. Whatever. Depends on the layout of the system.

thanks for your reply

it seems the air is stuck on the 1st floor landing where the feeds come from the loft and drop through the landing to the cyclinder downstairs

il have to work on it to get the air out as there is a hall way rad close to the point where I believe the air is trapped so got to try and work it into the rad if not will try the mains water idea thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks very much for all the advice John, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks John I had already bought two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it would have been better to take the feed...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back