Vented water cylinder query? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vented water cylinder query? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys.

On a vented cylinder if the hot water is scorching hot and it's pumping over, does it point to the cylinder stat?

Check if actuator moves when heat.
Check if heat is still passing through the body of the motorised valve when actuator is removed and valve spindle is turned to off position.
Check if immersion heater switch actually isolates power, plus test immersion stat

Check if actuator moves when heat.
Check if heat is still passing through the body of the motorised valve when actuator is removed and valve spindle is turned to off position.
Check if immersion heater switch actually isolates power, plus test immersion stat
I'm not clued up with checking electrics tbf. I don't own a multimeter it's that bad.

I'm not clued up with checking electrics tbf. I don't own a multimeter it's that bad.

I was same as you, but now use one.
The basics are easy and even solely as a safety check to confirm no power leakage, it is essential.
Get a spark to tell you how to do the basic checks, - power, continuity, etc.

I was same as you, but now use one.
The basics are easy and even solely as a safety check to confirm no power leakage, it is essential.
Get a spark to tell you how to do the basic checks, - power, continuity, etc.
I have been trying to get on the Baxi course but there's such a long wait all the time.

If the zone valve was stuck open does the cylinder stat just send a signal back to the valve? If so can they be freed up or is it best to change the whole thing? Thanks again.

If the brass valve body is easy to turn by hand, plus shutting tight off and valve only 3 or 4 years old max, then just the actuator head replaced would be okay.
But otherwise replace entire valve, which usually are little, if any extra cost anyhow, compared to just the actuator.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
Back