Venting old Bali back boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Venting old Bali back boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steven Williams

I have one of the old back boiler systems with the fire surround, I have had it serviced and it's in full working order, the problem is I'm redecorating the room and the fire is really ugly,

Is it possible to put a radiator cover around the old fire? The back boiler is used for the central heating but the fire itself is never ever switched on, I have a carbon monoxide checker too but would like to just put an mdf vented radiator cover around the unused fire, can anyone tell me if this is safe providing I don't turn the fire on??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but you cant do what you suggest it would make your boiler very dangerous

Even with the fire never turned on? That's disappointing... Do I have any options other than renewing the boiler???

Thanks for your reply

what baxi bermuda is it? there should be a model number near the thermostat knob 551,552,401 etc

Have a look under fire at control nob for back boiler

on the removable door at the bottom where the boiler thermostat is fitted is there any thing there

Checked it has no model number, serial number is 003366 and it's injector size I posted but it just says baxi Bermuda s

your best bet is to call in the guy that serviced it if its a 552 or 401 or later you can get new or second hand fires to fit the boiler if you go down the second hand route you will require the fire,full fixing kit plus manufacturers instructions not sure if you can still buy new might be worth speaking to BAXI,if its a earlier 551 Bermuda fire renewals were not approved by BAXI hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back