Vertex flue......... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vertex flue......... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Saw my first one in the flesh today.
Any of you guys ever fitted one?

It was a Worcester 240
I can’t really see the reason for having it over a standard flue

My take on it: (FWIW, I have never fitted one, but came across a few).
Remember the VF is not balanced, sealed or (although I may be wrong here), fanned.

I think the VF raison d'être is ventilation. It was perfect of you had an internal room, or, say, a completely glazed exterior wall.

I cannot remember, but maybe there were no vertical PF's when the VF was introduced.

My take on it: (FWIW, I have never fitted one, but came across a few).
Remember the VF is not balanced, sealed or (although I may be wrong here), fanned.

I think the VF raison d'être is ventilation. It was perfect of you had an internal room, or, say, a completely glazed exterior wall.

I cannot remember, but maybe there were no vertical PF's when the VF was introduced.
vertex flues the ones i cam across is an estate in lymm where they all have istors on 1st or 2nd floor flued through roof and air taken from loft space

vertex flues the ones i cam across is an estate in lymm where they all have istors on 1st or 2nd floor flued through roof and air taken from loft space

That is pretty much the definition of a vertex installation!.

In your scenario, was the loft properly vented?

Also, I implied that that the vertex would be used in a room where normal ventilation would be awkward. Obviously, the other benefit is that there is no draughty vent in the room in which the boiler is fitted.

That is pretty much the definition of a vertex installation!.

In your scenario, was the loft properly vented?

Also, I implied that that the vertex would be used in a room where normal ventilation would be awkward. Obviously, the other benefit is that there is no draughty vent in the room in which the boiler is fitted.
yes with soffitt vents

Similar plumbing topics

Loft needs ventilation for combustion air with...
Replies
Views
Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
It might be, if it can't be rectified by...
Replies
Views
Good Morning Did you find the part you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
Back