Very strange central heating problem...advice needed please. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Very strange central heating problem...advice needed please. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazzast

Hi All,

I have a Potterton Prima 60F and about a week ago I was getting power on the switched live when a call for heat was requested. I played around with the CH zone valve and the boiler started to fire so I thought all was well. It wasn't! I'm not a plumber by trade but am not bad at DIY electrics.

The issue I have at the moment is that when I select CH on all the time from the programmer the valve opens but the pump does not start. If I turn off the CH and turn on the HW from the programmer the pump starts up. Should it not be the other way around?

I have a HW cylinder and 2 x 2 way Tower zone valves.

Cheers
Daz

No such thing as diy electrics.

Need the testers out and trace the fault. Tower valves are pants.

Sometimes M valves open but wear in linkage means micro switch does not engage.

I agree , a screwdriver that lights up just doesnt cut it , best to get a qaulified electrician in b4 you set your house on fire , thats how accidents happen Daz
Welcome to the forum mate,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks everyone for the advice so far. I got...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
Back