vibrating cold water supply pipe pressure reducing valve | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vibrating cold water supply pipe pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

S

sounddezign

I have a range tribune unvented hot water cylinder with the "high flow rate inlet control set" (pressure reducing valve with non return valve and pressure relief valve)

Its been working fine for years but I now have water hammer while the tap is running which continues after the tap is turned off. Its the cold supply pipe running into the flat that vibrates throughout the whole block. It stops as soon as I turn off the stopcock before the pressure reducing valve. The vibration will start again as soon as I turn on the stopcock again unless I manually release the pressure on the pressure relief valve before hand.

Has anyone seen (or heard) this before?

Could it be a knackered pressure reducing valve? Or another component in the system?

I have a range tribune unvented hot water cylinder with the "high flow rate inlet control set" (pressure reducing valve with non return valve and pressure relief valve)

Its been working fine for years but I now have water hammer while the tap is running which continues after the tap is turned off. Its the cold supply pipe running into the flat that vibrates throughout the whole block. It stops as soon as I turn off the stopcock before the pressure reducing valve. The vibration will start again as soon as I turn on the stopcock again unless I manually release the pressure on the pressure relief valve before hand.

Has anyone seen (or heard) this before?

Could it be a knackered pressure reducing valve? Or another component in the system?
Get a G3 engineer to check vessel as said......

Upvote 0
Iv just put up with water hammer in my own house for 3 months, thought it was the 1/4 turn taps but it was still banging when the taps were off. I found the cause last week it turn out the spindle from the stopcock had snapped inside.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you are capping off something temporarily...
Replies
Views
Back