Viessman vs Vaillant and Honeywell vs Tado vs Hive | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Viessman vs Vaillant and Honeywell vs Tado vs Hive in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I am trying to help my dad decide with a boiler replacement, can't decide between Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30kw or Viessmann Vitodens 100 30kw. The boiler will be going in the exact same spot as before.

Both will have a system cleanse, inhibitor and magnetic filter (I am not sure which brand or could be from the manufacturers)

The Vaillant has 10yr warranty and the Viessmann comes with 5 but you can pay an extra £120 to make it 10yr.

The Vaillant is slightly cheaper by about £150 (thats compared to the viessmann with a 5yr warranty)

So is the Viessmann a better boiler and worth the extra £270 ?

As to the controls can't decide between Honeywell, tado or Hive - they are pretty much all about £150.

Any advice on how to decide which way to go will be helpful.

From my very limited experience of boilers, I like the Vitodens. It has a nice internal layout that would seem to be easier to work on than many boilers. As I've never seen an Ecotec without a cover, I cannot compare the two, however.

Out of the 2 I’ve only worked on the EcoTEC pro, decent enough boiler, easy to work on and change parts - which I believe are cheaper than Viessmann. Opentherm or ebus (certainly on Vaillant) would help with modulation, thus saving on heating bills.

Back