Viessmann rf stat problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Viessmann rf stat problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

stings27

Gas Engineer
Hi all.
Recently moved house and have a viesssmann vitotrol 100 UTD-RF stat.
I have looked thro the operating instructions and to be honest, it might as well have been written in Chinese.
Can anyone tell me if you can completely reset it so as I can put my own program in it ? (P3)
When you press the reset all it does is reset language/ time/date.
Tried taking batteries out and replacing to no effect. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 80174390-22DE-47DB-89C2-F2760DD21A68.jpeg
    80174390-22DE-47DB-89C2-F2760DD21A68.jpeg
    566.1 KB · Views: 25
I don't think reset is required, you just overwrite anything already in P3.
Presumably these are the instructions you have? https://viessmanndirect.co.uk/files/c1b2d00c-48b2-460f-a43c-a54b016c0526/Vitotrol 100 UTD 7170959 User.pdf

To programme P3, you turn the knob to 'Menu' and then proceed to push buttons as described on P13.
Does that not work? What actually happens if you try to follow the rather convoluted instructions?

The programmer is some 15 years old, so you might consider having it replaced with something easier to use!

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for both your replies! 👍
When I turn the dial to P3 it just shows ‘13 oc’
I have also tried to delete switching points using the instructions on p17 but the only words that are displayed are : heating, hot water & end.
I think you’re right, time for a new one 🤣

Hi. Thanks for both your replies! 👍
When I turn the dial to P3 it just shows ‘13 oc’
I have also tried to delete switching points using the instructions on p17 but the only words that are displayed are : heating, hot water & end.
I think you’re right, time for a new one 🤣
I'm just trying to understand what the programmer is doing 🤔!
If you turn the dial to "Menu" and the press the "+" button, does each press step the display to the next symbol along the top?
e.g. if you press the "+" button twice does it go to 'PROG' and display the words "PROGRAM P3"?
and if you press "OK" what happens?

If not, probably is time for a new one🤪

Hi. Press ok it reads ‘heating’
Bizarre! When the dial is on "menu", are there symbols in a row above where the "PERM COMFORT" is in your pic?
And even if not, does repeatedly pressing "+" (on menu) do anything?
Looks like it doesn't behave as per the instructions, so is it an earlier/later model? Or maybe it's broken!

Leave the batteries out for a week ?

Similar plumbing topics

I'm curious as well, I read somewhere where...
Replies
Views
I have the same problem with mine and I just...
Replies
Views
Mini Wael
M
Thanks. I'm laughing. Saw this but they'd...
Replies
Views
W
So this was the single channel. I've plumbed...
Replies
Views
woodstockGaz
W
Back