viessmann vd200 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss viessmann vd200 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chimpboy

Alright lads
i'm putting in the heating and hot water for my sisters new house and was wondering what you think of the viessmann vd200 system boiler. We tend to fit valliant, alpha or biasi. i've never fitted a viessmann before and was wondering if you had any thoughts. I've been reading up on them and they seem pretty impressive, but are they worth the extra money? The house is going to be over three floors and having underfloor on ground and first floor with rads on top floor with unvented HW.
Cheers....

HI
My good friend is a rep for viessmann and i have seen the graphs comparing these boilers to others and yes they are very impressive, they are apparently the most efficient on the market. It also sounds like there after sales are fantastic! I am about to embark on there training course and hope to become an approved service/install agent. let us know the outcome of the install

graphs are great.
the boilers are over complicated, the safety system is over engineered. the external sensor inputs cant be easily overridden, fault finding them is a nightmare.
i maintain 2 of the beasts, and cant wait for permanent death to occur to them.

stick a nice and simple remeha unit it. easy service, easy repair. nice boiler. look after about 30 of them putting new ones in monthly, a pleasure to work with.

shaun

I cannot believe a professional can put Remeha in the same league as veissmann!

It is like putting man utd in the same league as norwich

arent they cricket teams??
anyway, i can only talk about my experiences, for me their only good boilers are sat on the floor with a decent burner in them, no controls allowed.

i do agree tho, they are in a seperate league. we all have our favorites.

shaun

ps.
a quinta 65 would be perfect for the above installation

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QJbUPye6M]YouTube - Norwich City 2-0 Man United 9th April, 2005[/ame]

:D

HI
My good friend is a rep for viessmann and i have seen the graphs comparing these boilers to others and yes they are very impressive, they are apparently the most efficient on the market.
That all depends on how you define and measure efficiency. According to the latest Sedbuk ratings, Viessmann boilers are about the same as most other A rated boilers and there are some which are better. In any case, Sedbuk say:

Boiler efficiency tests are subject to a degree of measurement uncertainty. Consequently small differences in the efficiency values calculated from them are not significant and should not be relied on when comparing boilers. Statistical analysis suggests that if two boilers have SEDBUK values 3 percentage points apart then there is 95% confidence that the boiler with the higher value is more efficient

Sedbuk currently list 688 A rated boilers. The best is 91.5% efficient and the worst 90%. The difference, 1.5%, is half what Sedbuk says is a significant difference. The best Viessmann is 90.8% efficient.

You need a boiler which is in the middle of Band B before you can be reasonably certain that it is less efficient than the best Band A boiler.

The amazing efficiency figures produced by continental boiler manufacturers, e.g 108% efficient, are due purely to the method used to measure efficiency, which is not compatible with the Sedbuk method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Only ones who will know for sure are baxi
Replies
Views
Back