Viessmann Vitodens 100 Expansion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 100 Expansion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm going to look at a Viessmann Vitodens 100 tomorrow with a reported problem that is typical of a de-pressurised expansion vessel. I've found the manual on the Viessmann web site to familiarise myself but to my surprise, there is no mention of the x vessel or PRV. Viessmann - Vitodens 100-W Does anyone know its location in the appliance? is it accessible? Whats the usual charge pressure?

many thanks

The Vessel is inside the chamber. It's probably knackered as it's a known problem with them. Undo the schrader valve top and release air/water. I would bet my wages the diaphragm has split. Easy to change. You normally pump vessels up to 0.8 bar but i always take them to 1 bar.

if you look at mi's it shows you ex vessel :)

I'm looking at this link off their website and there is no mention of it.

[DLMURL]http://www.viessmann.co.uk/etc/medialib/internet_uk/wb1c.Par.42682.File.File.tmp/WB1CInstallationinstructions.pdf[/DLMURL]

Would you be kind enough to post a link to the document that you mention above please?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vessel is inside the chamber. It's probably knackered as it's a known problem with them. Undo the schrader valve top and release air/water. I would bet my wages the diaphragm has split. Easy to change. You normally pump vessels up to 0.8 bar but i always take them to 1 bar.

If it's tatered I would normally consider fitting an additional exp vessel as manufacturers exchange ones are expensive and notoriously difficult to access. Is that not the case with Viessmann's?

pic of ex vessel on pg 10, 65 and prv on 73 :)

Crikey mate. Do you not understand we are looking at different documents? Follow the link if you doubt me. I kindly asked if you would post the one you are looking at please?

[DLMURL]http://www.viessmann.co.uk/etc/medialib/internet_uk/wb1c.Par.42682.File.File.tmp/WB1CInstallationinstructions.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies Dancinplumba. My laptop was missing a lot of pages from the document. I only had 48 pages. Dunno why. Got it now thanks

Viessmann original parts sound expensive. Would you buy one and fit or if space permits, go for a third party vessel on the wall?

Viessmann original parts sound expensive. Would you buy one and fit or if space permits, go for a third party vessel on the wall?
Is it defo burst?
More often than not they has just lost pressure. I usually change schrader anyway.
Would leave it to customer. Explain the price difference and let them choose.
If given choice would always fit the OE vessel.

When I posted last night I had not been to the job and only told the symptoms by the customer. I was covering my bases by requesting info. Went to the job this morning and the PV just needed recharging which was a doddle. Thanks for all who contributed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ok thanks guys, puts my mind at ease.
Replies
Views
D
best thing to do there is replace EV and and...
Replies
Views
L
Thanks Ermintrude and Croppie for advice and...
Replies
Views
laikax695
L
Back