Viessmann vitodens 50 hot water issue | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Viessmann vitodens 50 hot water issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. I have a viesmanm vitodens 50 but I've noticed it's behavior change recently I think. When running a bath for example, the boiler will fire up and start providing hot water as expected. The temp on the boiler display climbs steadily to about 85 degrees with the burner indicator showing 5 lines (9 being full if that makes sense) . When it hits 85 degrees it cuts back to 1 line, I.e low for a few seconds, the temp drops to about 75 then it fires back to about 5 lines. This repeats. Screenshot below of what I see and mean by 5 lines on the burner.

Is this normal behaviour or should it regulate more i.e sit at 3 or 4 lines.
Screenshot_20221020_190026_Video Player.jpg

My nest controls the water temp setting, it's set to 55 so should the boiler even be hitting 85? I suspect I have an issue with the boiler

Thanks in advance
Andy

It shouldn’t be hitting that high up something is starting to clog / get effected maybe by dirty heating water

A gas safe engineer can do the works but they need to know about Viessmann as there are a few common items

And heating won’t show the issue as it’s not full demand

Similar plumbing topics

Do you find a solution, I have exactly the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Can't advise re eBus. No outside temperature...
Replies
Views
If the op has the newer colour display model...
Replies
Views
G
Is it a Tiffel or Stiffel boiler?
Replies
Views
Reducing temperatures below 65 isn't wise when...
Replies
Views
Back