vizo 24 hot water issue. Boiler gas starts and stops constantly . | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vizo 24 hot water issue. Boiler gas starts and stops constantly . in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

portishead

Hi. I have a vizo 24 - I guess its about 18 months old. Never had any issues with it and always worked fine, the waters plenty hot enough etc.
Central heating works fine. But the other day during running some hot water it started going hot and cool. It does not matter where you run it from.

If you ask for hot water it will fire up, it will stay fired for about say 30 seconds ish then cut out. Almost instantly it will reignite, heat up for a little while longer then shut off the gas again, then instantly reignite again etc etc etc , it will go on all day doing this obv not heating water correctly.

Its nice and clean, sat in the corner, no leaks or wet inside etc, water pressure is ok and the self diagnoses lights on the panel all show as all fine and work correct. (just thought Id mention those).

I was just wondering if any knowledgable person recognises this as a fault - since there appears to be several overheat sensors and stats inside. I wondered If it was a common fault that I could change a sensor easily since they appear to be easy to change and possibly inexpensive. I Dont really wish to dive further into it than that to be honest unless someone says its this or that and simple. I'm more than capable but I could be changing parts for the sake of it unless its correctly identified by a boiler person.

Just thought Id ask.

Thanks for any help
Dan

Sounds as though the plate heat exchanger has scaled/sludged up, and is not transferring the heat to the hot water.

Graham

I think you should get ( a boiler person ) i.e gsr engineer to have a look and sort the problem for you. Or maybe its still under warranty , then contact the installer.

With the diverter head removed does it still do it, Remove the lead from the DHW stat and run DHW Does it run then.

It could be a few things TBH portishead, not a lot you can do though as its a job for someone qualified ... Post here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL] if there's anyone local to you they'll 'pm' you! Sound them out and make your choice IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
I have just had the same issue with the unit...
Replies
Views
N Nicho
N
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if...
Replies
Views
T
That would seem prudent, although I never see...
Replies
Views
Back