vokera 20/80 flowmatic no hot water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vokera 20/80 flowmatic no hot water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

O

oakworth96

Good morning,
When i turn on the hot water tap the spindle does not move to switch on the microswitch,i removed the 3 way diverting valve and checked the workings and the spindle pushes out fine.i adjusted the water flow to see if the spindle pushes out but to no joy,i wondered if the problem could be domestic hot water manifold which is behind the 3 way diverter or it could be a thermostat problem.I could replace these parts but if that does not sort the problem then ive wasted £130 on these parts

If unsure get a professional in to look at it for you. It's a lot safer and sounds as though it would be cheaper in the long run than just throwing parts at it until you have fixed the problem.

Just in case you do actually know what you are doing it sounds like it could be a split diaphragm but I'm not very familiar with Vokera boilers.

Mike

Upvote 0
i agree with mike you're looking at a torn/perished diaphragm there, if you are gonna do it yourself just buy the diaphragm, you don't need the full housing(and its only a few quid for a diaphragm), but as mike quite rightly says only attempt this if you are confident and competent!!

Upvote 0
hi,i checked the diaphragm and its ok,also checked its workings so and it seem fine, the pin pushed out when i turned the hot tap on, so ive ordered the 3 way diverter for £49+vat.i,ve managed to get it workin by turning up the flow rate then opening the hot tap till its limit for a few seconds the turning it back down,this pushes the pin out and also gives me hot water,thanks for your help and i'll let you the outcome

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, it's a combi boiler with a storage tank in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
Back