Vokera Combi Boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Combi Boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tom

Hi,can anyone help me in explaining what the problem could be with my boiler!!!

when the thermostatic control is set to around 20deg & my boiler kicks on & off as the temp drops which is perfectly normal, there is a loud clunking noise coming from either the boiler or pipes.Some one suggested that the pilot light may be too small which is forcing the gas through without ignition.

Does the clunk happen when the boiler s has shut down? It sounds like the gas solenoid closing. If the clunk occurs when the boiler fires up, this could be explosive ignition and yes, some adjustment may be required to the gas valve.

Which model is the Vokera?

:eek:Raymond thanks for your response.I'm affraid i dont know the model i'm sending this thread from work & was working very late last night so i didn't manage to look at the model.
Given the posibilities that you have suggested i think i will now just go ahead & call out the approved engineer to have a look.:)

Raymond,sorry mate i forgot to mention that, no the clunking noise doesn't happen during shut down nor does it happen when using water alone,at least i've never heard it & ironically it only seems to happen at night perhaps this is because the house is more quiet at night.

Hi Tom. To narrow down the possibilities it would be useful to know when the noise is occuring, i.e. same time every night, through the night at various intervals etc. You say that it could be the boiler or the pipes, are you sure that it is related to the heating and not another part of your plumbing?

When the boiler fires up the gas valve opens and this is accompanied by a clunk, the same is so when the boiler shuts down. This noise is not normally loud enough to cause a nuisance and I assume that this noise is a recent development.

A registered gas engineer will be able to tell you if the boiler is behaving normally or not.

Good luck

Raymondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Back