Vokera combi boilers. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera combi boilers. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D6GMB

We are getting quotes for a new boiler and rads in our 3 bedroom detached house.
Current system is non combi but 12 years old still working ok but probably not very efficient.

Had a local business out and he installs Ariston or Vokera.The current boiler sits in a wall mounted cupboard and new installer says the Ariston boilers are to large to go in the cupboard but the Vokera boiler will fit ok.Looking for some honest opinions on this make as I have not heard of them,sorry don't know model number yet as I haven't received the quote yet.
Any other recommendations as to what is a good make of boiler?.

look for a different installer if he only fits them tbh

good makes

worcester
baxi
viessmann
intergas

I'd certainly be looking for other quotes if that's whats being recommended to you. Perhaps put your details here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

You will be changing the ariston within 5 years imho , vokera not much better he probably quotes those boilers as they are cheap and wins work from installing them on the low budget peeps.

Personally i would recommend a keston c36 'ahem'

You will be changing the ariston within 5 years imho , vokera not much better he probably quotes those boilers as they are cheap and wins work from installing them on the low budget peeps.

Personally i wouldnt recommend a keston c36 'ahem'

much better :D

If you're on a low budget then to be fair the Vokera isn't a bad choice as they do come with a 7 year warranty now on some models (providing your installer fits it exactly as it should be)!

But as previously said I'd get some other quotes on a better quality boiler (Worcester!!) as well, just so you can compare and decide what you can afford.

In the long run the more expensive, better quality boiler is always going to be best though.

I'd recommend vaillant if anyone asked but they are very expensive. But if you're on a bit of a budget ive fitted loads of glowworm betacoms in rental properties and never had any issues.

I am quite prepared to spend whatever it takes to get a top quality item as i don't plan to sell my house anytime soon.How long does it take to make up a quote?,had a local business out on Monday and still waiting for a quote also had two no shows and one of them lives about 30 seconds walk away from me!.Have booked a Brittish Gas appointment for the 11th as to be honest am losing a bit of faith in smaller independent companys,also made the mistake of registering with Quotatis who were supposed to send me 4 reputable companys to quote.This ended up a complete pain in the ar$e got 13 calls over 2 days!.How difficult can it be to get some new heating installed?.Meant to say thanks for the comments on the Vokera boilers,think it will either be a Worcester or Vailant.

Shouldn't take long to do a quote in all honesty, but please do not go with BG. They are so over priced it's ridiculous and they sub most of their work out anyway. If you aren't in a rush just persevere until you find the right independent!

No rush at all,just thought i would get a quote from BG as a benchmark as i have no idea what it is going to cost.The heating system we have works fine and has a maintenance contract but was thinking it could do with an upgrade,didnt expect it to be this much hassle.

Post your location here?
I type up most of my quotes on the weekend so give it til monday

No I haven't, you what problems have people had???

Plenty....... I was an engineer for "vaillant" "glow worm" "group service" for more years than i care to mention and the betacom range especially the c's were the vein of my life,,,,,, original ones made in Turkey to heatline standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

let it cool down first then try it
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll have a look. Pakistan is not a...
Replies
Views
Back