Vokera Compact 29 HE won't ignite without the case cover seal removed....? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Compact 29 HE won't ignite without the case cover seal removed....? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one exactly like this the other day, slid fan out took out venturies and washed them out. Boiler fired first time

I had one too. Fitted new venturis as they are updated and now plastic and resist scaling. Cost about £15 for the set. Couldn't be arsed to take the old ones out and clean them to find they still wouldn't work.

if they are like the plastic ferolli ones dont touch them in 3 years time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Will be my first port of call on monday morning! Now I remember why I don't do repairs much lol
give me back to back installs any day!!

As a sidenote, what if cleaning the venturi makes sod all difference?! Replace them or new fan time...?

Meant to add. The flue is standard length, horizontal run through single skin wall. its totally clear inside and not part of the problem.

When your finished check fga ? Co 1790ppm cap off and F off! Last repair I did was a Friday 19.30 pishing it down and custard watching ...... Ahh looks good I'll just test....... Beep beeep beep beep high co!!!! Doh. Retest and checked flue. Left running for 5 mins on full pelt .... They have a logic + now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers chaps. Yes ermintrude, good idea re FGA test. Will stick one on it as soon as it's working properly.
I've basically got to fix it or I cant get paid out for the APS and time so far though lol

I'm sure it's fan related, or venturi...

the flame picture is perfect when its actually running, I would be most surprised if its PPM is over limits....

Venturi, BTW DONT remove the fan completely to fit slide forward 3inch and you can get into the back nut

Flame picture may look beauriful. When running with case off did flame pulse?? If so better get the ID stickers ready.

Flame picture may look beauriful. When running with case off did flame pulse?? If so better get the ID stickers ready.

It didn't pulse during the time I was watching it, but I will make sure on Monday!
Thanks Vern, I will remember that advice mate :)

It didn't pulse during the time I was watching it, but I will make sure on Monday!
Thanks Vern, I will remember that advice mate :)
Just slacken flue clamp off, take out 3 screws on combustion hood, pull forward just enough, BTW 3rd screw is at the back center

It is pretty much guaranteed to be the venturi on this boiler, a quick clean and it will be good to go.

MFGS spot on. Loads of vokera breakdowns are just the venturi. This sounds very like a venturi. Same as if fan and pump on and no ignition (still on green), blocked venturi, Had a high co reading on one, blocked venturi. Really common problem on these. Easy fix though. stick a small screwdriver in so you dont drop it. Never mind with the new plastic one, old ones clean up great and i have never been called back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back