Vokera Compact 29HE fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Compact 29HE fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommyad123

Hi I went to look at a vokera compact for a mate that is locking out to a solid red light. On start up either Heating or Hot water mode the boiler will start up as usual and as expected. But soon after start up the burner seem to modulate down low, it will continue to run like this for a few minutes. After a few minutes the burn extinguishes, but tries to relight straight after. The boiler can be heard sparking, but fails to light. After this the boiler locks out with a solid red light.

I have fitted a new primary temp sensor which hasn't worked. Im told the has also recently had a new fan pressure switch. I have spoke to vokera and they reckon its the gas valve.

Has anybody got any ideas? or has anybody had the same problem

Thanks for your help!!

Welcome to the forum. If you spoke to Vokera I assume they asked you to carry out some tests using a multimeter? Checking for voltage at gas valve etc. What makes you question there advice on the gas valve?

Welcome to the forum. If you spoke to Vokera I assume they asked you to carry out some tests using a multimeter? Checking for voltage at gas valve etc. What makes you question there advice on the gas valve?

Because it's much more expensive than a sensor I suspect.

I don't think there would be a problem with the gas valve cos the boiler is starting up ok from cold, it's only after a few minutes of running the problem occurs. I was expecting vokera to tell me the PCB is the problem. But now they've told me its the gas valve I don't know what to think now.

Gas valves can be ok when cold but after a while the coil in the gas valve heats up, expands and breaks the circuit, hence the gas valve drops out and wont start up again until the coil cools and contracts, making the circuit again.... (and breathe...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
S
Pm a mod with your gas safe details and get...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
T
Nope. Read the forum rules.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
You could try a reset if that doesn’t work it...
Replies
Views
Back