Vokera Compact 29HE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Compact 29HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenneth

Hi,

My boiler won't start up. When turned on at the mains the solid red light comes straight on.

When turned to the on switch it doesn't sound like the boiler is doing anything at all.

Any help as to what the problem may be would be greatky appreciated.

Thanks

The pressure sits at about 0.5 but I'm pretty sure it's normally around this level.

Could be wrong though, is that normal?

I've topped it up to 1 bar, no change.

As soon as I turn the mains on I get amber for half a second and then solid red.

Sounds like you need a gas safe registered engineer to have a look I'm afraid.

This needs a gas engineer to look at I'm afraid.
Without doing the proper checks not possible to be absolutely certain, but I have seen enough of these boilers to have a good stab at what your problem is.

I wouldn't start fiddling with it myself past turning it on/off!

What do you reckon it might be and what would that type of problem cost?

The boiler's only 2-3 years old.

How would I go about a reset?
Is this different from turning on/off?

Graham - just so I can guage how best to get this sorted - ie go for a fixed price repair or just a local cahp to service, could you give me an indication of what you think might be the problem?

Thanks

Is it not the case that something could be blocked/dirty and needs a service to clear it?

Without testing the basics first it is impossible to say.
It could be something basic that will cost £20 in parts or it may be £200 in parts.
Cannot tell you how to fix this I'm afraid. A qualified person needs look at it.

Graham, I can assure you I've got no intention of trying to fix it or even taking the case off.

You mentioned earlier that you thought you could have a stab at it. if you could let me know what your best guess would be it will help me determine the best course of action in terms of getting it sorted.

Thanks

this forum or any of it's members will not be party to any diy gas work due to the safety concerns

No mate, in the open plumbers forum.

To the op. If you use a car analogy it wouldn't be a service if you needed to push it to the garage would it?

It's a repair which is an emergency. A service isn't and you would be put in a queue.

As stated, you need a gsr on site to look at it, prices vary around the country and it could be any one of a number of faults making it impossible to guess a cost.

Post a request in the 'I'm looking for a plumber or gas engineer' forum including your location and one of us could be near to you.

Thank you.

this isnt in the open forum , it was moved to the private gsr after advice was been given.

no go have a nice friday peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
If its a quick fix then a callout will be £70+...
Replies
Views
A
Call them back as it’s not right from day one...
Replies
Views
(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
Back