Vokera Compact 7100 - New system? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Compact 7100 - New system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tez8

Good morning all,

After nearly a year of persistent problems with my boiler, my landlady was persuaded by the plumbers that she needs to get a new boiler installed.

I have to say first of all, that each time these plumbers come out to my house (which is quite often), their solutions rarely last if work at all...but they continued to blame the boiler.

Anyway, yesterday these plumbers installed a 'new' boiler. This morning, the overflow is dripping, the pressure is in the red, and when I looked at what boiler they had installed, I was shocked to find that it looked like something from the 1980s!

It is a Vokera Compact 7100. Needless to say, yet again, we have no hot water and the central heating is not working (luckily we don't need the latter yet).

Does anybody have any knowledge on this Vokera system? And whether or not they are new? My landlady whinged that she was going to have to pay £1400 to get a new boiler installed. My hunch tells me that they've given her a cheaper alternative, and have installed a reconditioned boiler.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Terence

Last edited by a moderator:
I have contacted Vokera technical services...and they've never even heard of the model. Strange!

is 7100 on the control unit ? as the do a range of timers in th 700 range

Can you take a picture of the boiler?
is 7100 on the control unit ? as the do a range of timers in th 700 range

Thank you Bod, and Mike.

It turns out that the model is a Compact 28. The manufacturer claims that this was discontinued in 2003! Therefore as suspected it is a reconditioned model.

Not really sure what my next step is, but I can't have a hot shower/bath right now! :(

Thank you Bod, and Mike.

It turns out that the model is a Compact 28. The manufacturer claims that this was discontinued in 2003! Therefore as suspected it is a reconditioned model.

Not really sure what my next step is, but I can't have a hot shower/bath right now! :(

Who on earth would install a 2nd hand boiler =\

My next steps would be telling the landlady that your not paying your next month rent until the problem is fixed and tell her you've been to citizen advice.
Ive done this before and my landlord soon shat himself.

Is this a non condensing boiler? Can we get a picture?

and welcome to the forum Terence

Front of boiler.jpgModel Plate.jpg

Is this a non condensing boiler? Can we get a picture?

and welcome to the forum Terence

Thank you APPlumbing. Two pictures for you that I sent to Vokera. Quality not very good unfortunately.

Who on earth would install a 2nd hand boiler =\

I have no idea...but this blatantly is. In fact, the plumber who installed it yesterday has been back since to sort the problem. He confirmed that it looked to be reconditioned, but denied any real knowledge claiming "I've just been instructed to install it". After one hour of him leaving, we're back to cold water.

Landlady apparently just as fuming as me...but I doubt this very much. A family of four, none of us have been cleaned properly today.

Thanks for your advice Ashwilson.

Definitely not a brand new boiler, they don't make them any more.

It isn't even condensing, so strictly speaking illegal to install.

Can you take a picture of the pipework, I'd like to see the quality of the work.

Ok so this boiler is a standard efficiency with a SEDBUK rating of band "D". the boiler is non condensing and was manufactured from 2002 onwards - get her to upgrade to an A rated boiler, the tight bi***

Did she really pay £1400?

Or just get someone to fit a boiler for a couple of hundred?

£1400 is ample enough for a brand new boiler and installation.

I guess another idea would be to check the benchmark on the MI's that should enlighten you to the history of the appliance - but I doubt they have even commissioned it?

I guess another idea would be to check the benchmark on the MI's that should enlighten you to the history of the appliance - but I doubt they have even commissioned it?

I don't think they'd have put their name to it, or even given her any literature.

Yeh your not wrong anz - I just hope Tez8 had a good look at the plumbers GS Card to ensure he was competent as this seems like a nice cheap, cutting corners kind of install
I don't think they'd have put their name to it, or even given her any literature.

Thanks for all of your helpful responses.

My landlady has made the effort to go to B&Q this evening and purchase a brand new boiler. She has left it in the store room, ready for the plumber to fit on Saturday morning. Meanwhile, the plumbers have managed to get the existing boiler working for now... and we've managed to get clean, and bath the kids etc.

So happy(ish) conclusion in the end, but hope it has been an interesting thread and will help others in future.

I'm genuinely quite worried for you. I don't know any gas safe registered engineers worth their salt who would fit a 2nd hand boiler. And certainly not one of that age. Please check the installers gas safe details when they arrive to install.

As said above make sure the 'plumbers' are Gas Safe Registered, they should show you their card.

i'm genuinely quite worried for you. I don't know any gas safe registered engineers worth their salt who would fit a 2nd hand boiler. And certainly not one of that age. Please check the installers gas safe details when they arrive to install.

this!!!!!

also note that the landlady went to B&Q to purchase the new boiler - now this winds me up when joe public can buy a gas appliance to have it fitted by who the hell she wants, even by herself -
B&Q Boiler = worried
B&Q Boiler = imho not great brands in terms of build, reliability etc
B&Q Boiler = cowboy engineer - imho

P.S Tez8, im not putting your landlady down or the engineers she works with but sometimes it is honestly worth spending a few quid extra to get a nice clean and ultimately safe job done that complies with all regs - sorry to bang on about how bad the boiler she has probably bought is but that just my opinion mate.

B&q boiler only bench mark will be where fitter dropped his hammer on the bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back