Vokera Compact solid red light | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Compact solid red light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayplumber

Gas Engineer
right lads will run you through this boiler of my customers bit of a head scratcher
plumber before me changed main ntc sensor not the hw sensor i have been told both need changing at the same time is this correct?

day 1 called out prv running filling loop had been left open to keep the heating on so replaced prv recharged expansion serviced boiler boiler running badly ketteling and bad flow
day 2 stripped the flexi pipes attached to the main heat ex they were blocked so cleaned them out and powerflushed the system
thought that would be it but still no joy red light still comes on after a couple of hours of use doing my head in lol.
i have tested the aps with a multimeter seems ok tested the high limit stat seems okm both ntc sensors change ohms when temp changes

Hi, got exactly the same problem, did you work this out? I'm going back tomorrow armed with powerflush/ntc / pump. Read on here it could be a gas valve though! Apparently coil heats up and breaks circuit then drops out.

Could be the pump, also, and this may just be me, I'd replace high limit stat

Cheers, it confuses me why it's locking out on the ntc primary sensor and not the high limit stat if its overheating. Thought it the Kohms on the ntc were high it should just modulate or shut down burner, not lock out?

P.s how do you get Gs registered symbol on your profile, as I am GS.
cheers

Flushed system, changed pump which has helped the fact the water wasn't getting hot which it is now. Changed ntc sensor, cleaned condense trap which was chock a block ! Waited 2hours running and cycling fine, left site and it locked out! an engineer said it could be the Venturi getting blocked so will try that tomorrow. :/ any advise please as I'm never there to test the sensors when it locks out.

Yea you can mfgs, any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
venturi is always a good bet with these boilers. solid red light and resettable can be pretty much anything, you really need to see it lock out.

Thanks, it just won't lock out when I'm there ! Last attempt and then there getting a vaillant! ;)

Ok, Venturi has solved it! Took the old one out which was an old metal design which was blocked with shale,only a pin hole left. replaced it for a new plastic version which is supposed to stop this problem. Theory to it being intermittent is that it gets blocked and un blocked when the fan runs. I took the fan out to replace it, but by removing the hose on the top fan connection you would see of it was blocked and you could eve poke it with Braddle for short term fix! Happy days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
T
Nope. Read the forum rules.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
Pm a mod with your gas safe details and get...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
remember on this boiler if you reset it five...
Replies
Views
Back