VOKERA elidra 24/96 a.g.m. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss VOKERA elidra 24/96 a.g.m. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
came across one of these yesterday, wow what a monster,has not worked for over a year, boiler will fire stay lit for ten seconds, were the temp and pressure goes through the roof, i cant get at expansion vessel, but i mean were do i start, i've tried to get the punter to look at a new boiler, fingers crossed,how old are these boilers and has anyone got an indepth knowledge of them.

Can't give any speciffic advice on that boiler,but quite familiar with most Vokeras,back to Noah's ark.The Elidra must date back to biblical times.If the boiler fires,then starts making noises,and pressure/temp jump around,it signifies a circulation problem(ie pump).Theres nothing makes you look stupid more than changing a boiler then finding a blocked pipe,so always check.Do you power flush,or change the boiler?Or both?Have seen similar (ancient) systems,where it is sooo easy to just say'new boiler',then find a valve turned off or something,and hey presto,everything works fine.If the boilers been off for a long time,did it work before?Is something stuck? Is there a blockage?If the boiler fires,it's likely a system fault/blockage,if the pump runs.

Old Vokeras are very reliable and easy to fix and will run forever if looked after.
Their MI's are (were) the best for explaining the full operating sequence and their faultfinding charts very easy to follow and their tech guys were real engineers who knew the boilers inside out. Infact i would say it was Vokera that taught me how combis worked and how to fix them as in Scotland, probably more than 3 in every 5 boilers fitted in the 80's and 90's was a Vokera.
This boiler is from around mid to late 80's to early 90's.

These have a couple of things you may not have seen before namely a compensator attached to the gas valve (which adjusts the valve with the fan speed) and a big white bottle to the right which is the hot water hex instead of a plate (it is a small calorifier)

There may be one or 2 things wrong with it and some parts are obsolite. If you can get the parts you can get it running.

You will have to start with the pump. The pump is the first thing to run. Check you have power to it and if you have swap the head.
The heating flow switch may be dodgy as the gas valve should not open when the flow rate drops. It is just a microswitch attached to a may need a diaphragm.

The expansion vessel can be changed insitu if you have about 15" clearance above and can move the flue otherwise fit an external vessel on the return.

If you need to talk to Vokera tech ring this number 0141 945 6810
It will take you directly through to Maryhill (Glasgow) to the guys who actually know the job and bypass the call centre numpties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Defo the cartridge not seating, probably had...
Replies
Views
The drop in pressure can be accounted for if...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Pump?
Replies
Views
Thought i would post an update on my radiator...
Replies
Views
Back