Vokera Excel 80SP Problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Excel 80SP Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this happens on and off, sometimes it works fine and others it doesnt.

what it is thats happening is that the heating is working fine, but sometimes the hot water isn't. I noticed that with the tap running, the burners weren't firing up. I think it may be the domestic diaphragm that may need replaced. Anyone got any 2nd opinions or came across this problem ?

what you mean sticking aps ? i'm new to servicing and repairing.

air pressure switch try taking the combustion door off see if that helps also check the veturies are clean

ok thanks gasman, I was thinking of doing a course for advanced fault finding in combi boilers, I believe you get an E1, E3 & E5 qualification at the end of it and its for £600. Do you thnk this would help improve my skills on repairing and servicing ?

Last edited:
no it would just tell you the basics and its dear at £600 experience is the best teacher,best advice i can give you get a multimeter learn how to use it your best tool,read posts on here you will learn loads

oh ok, so i'm guessing a multimeter to check electrical components, clean and brush the boiler, flue .. check the flue gases. Is this a typical service ? and replace any components which are faulty ? is it one of those things were the thought of it is scarier than actualy doing it ? if you know what i mean :p

have fun ,and always start with basics on fault finding,ask customer everything,always check polarity,is there gas ,is there power
as gas man says experaince,is the only way.have fun

I have noticed that the flue terminal outside has a hole in the inner flue, is this enough to condemn the boiler ?

yeah ? now that u mention it the flame is looking rather orange. well i changed the domestic diaphragm today as this morning i wasn't getting any hot water at all. Its working fine now regarding the hot water, and the old diaphragm was half melted and had a small hole in it.

Well i suppose i better replace the flue aswell then :p I don't know how long that hole has been there as i haven't inspected the flue before :p

Gas man my pilot light has been going out aswell, do you think this is due to the hole in the flue ?

Hole in the flue is a worry. Do a combustion analysis. If its bad result, I think that will tell you how serious it is. In any event it requires rectification.

the vokera excel 80sp, thats my boiler. well i'm going to need to replace the flue as its damaged, I don't have a flue analyser at the moment but I'm pretty sure that the carbon monoxide readings would be higher than usual as i suspect the boiler isn't getting enough oxygen to burn efficiently. the pilot light doesn't go out all the time, just the odd time. Is this due to a gust of wind or is it a fault ?

If the flues damaged change it. It could be snuffing the pilot if there is recirculation of products of combustion. Two other things; If the flue terminal is located in a pressure zone, also, dirt or incorrect adjustment on the pilot assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have internal clock It doesn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there. The expansion vessel is attached...
Replies
Views
No comfort setting = preheat off?? How did it...
Replies
Views
Back