vokera linea 24 boiler High water pressure problem Help please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss vokera linea 24 boiler High water pressure problem Help please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boiler is over pressurising, and venting out of the PRV outside (Continually dropping) I have replaced the PRV and checked the expansion vessel that needed topping up. I did notice that when I had toped up the Expansion vessel that the water gauge when up to the pressure that I had put into the expansion vessel? is that right ???
THe pressure goes right up to 4 bar when the heating is on and then drops back to 2.5 Bar when heating is off.

I suspect the expansion vessel? is there any way this can be checked/ tested except recharging it to the correct pressure ??

Hello mate and welcome along are you gas safe if not then you really shouldn't be going into the boiler casing under the rules of the forum we will not give any DIY boiler repair information. If you are Gas Safe get your post count on here up to 10 and private message your details to gasman and you will be granted access to the gas safe engineers forum. I am 99.9% positive I know what you've done and it does sound like you are DIYing rather than qualified

Last edited:
Thanks Riley, I am not doing the work to the boiler, a Gas Save engineer is but has been scratching his head over it ?????
I'm just looking on line to see if I can get some wider spread advise. After having a conversation with another engineer he asked if the pressure increases when the boiler is turned off, after testing this I found that it does, He has advise me that the domestic heat exchanger is leaking internally ! What do you reckon ?????

As per my previous message we will not give info relating to the repair of a boiler or any other gas appliance in the public domain. And you did say "I have replaced the PRV and checked the expansion vessel that needed topping up." So you can understand me thinking it was you DIYing. We take public safety very seriously so I'm sure you can appreciate this. If you would like, tell your gas safe engineer to register on here then we can discuss with him. We are a very friendly lot and have a gas safe only section where matters like this can be discussed openly with qualified engineers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Page 5 - drain valve
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
No. It is possible the pressure relief is the...
Replies
Views
Back