Vokera Linea 24 - Fires up for hot water but not central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Linea 24 - Fires up for hot water but not central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zoglug

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a property which has a Vokera Linea 24 boiler installed and i am having a few problems so am looking for some advice.

3 days ago the boiler was fired up and after a little while worked perfectly. I did get a couple of 07 and 03 error codes, but after the entire system was bled it worked fine. I had a friend stay over Sunday evening, so left the heating on a low heat overnight and everything was still fine. On Monday evening, my girlfriend asked me to fire up the heating so as i moved the switch to turn on the heating, it did not fire up. The hot water still engages fine but the central heating is not working at all.

Tonight, i have have the front casing off to take a look. The change over valve appears to be working fine. As i turn on the hot water, the valve comes out, engages the switch. When i look at the temp's displayed on the front it makes me think that there could be some kind of sensor/thermastat fault, as it shows around 60 degrees c when not active, but drops down to 30-35 degrees c when the hot water is turned on. There are no error codes showing at all.

Is there anyone who has experienced this problem, it just seems very weird that the heating was working fine then all of a sudden nothing. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Unless you gas safe you should not be taking the cover off the only thing you can do is check the pressure and make sure the controls are calling for heat. middle control knob pointing to heating/ hw heating stat up roomstat up and programmer on.

If its none of these you need an engineer to fix possibly replace as they are not the best boilers in the world (I have loads I have to look after)

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
Back