Vokera Linea hot water problem | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Linea hot water problem in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

Above boiler when shower runs cuts out at 38 deg, CH shows 90 deg when I close the filler loop. Thought partially blocked DHW. Flushed through pump head twice with chemicals, still same prob. Thought maybe primary thermistor fault? Cant get to it to test it, cant get a reading on board. No 07 code though.

What are the thoughts on Primary themistor fault or new dhw plate? Or both? Or something else?

Thanks for the help.

Hi DuncanM .. thermisters are common ... check out bp see if its modulating ... also potential snapped spindle on hot water control knob, you may think you're turning it up but it's doing nothing :) I'd check modulation, check/change thermister then consider control issue before changing phex ... :)

thermistors ok. modulates down. Spindle ok. The ch is now not working. lights modulates down and then shuts down cos it starts to overheat

There is a really loud rattling noise sounds like it is at the dhw plate? At the bottom right where the non return valve is. Think I am going to change it and see what happens. Never had to change one before. Has anyone else?

Last edited:
thermistors ok. modulates down. Spindle ok. The ch is now not working. lights modulates down and then shuts down cos it starts to overheat There is a really loud rattling noise sounds like it is at the dhw plate? At the bottom right where the non return valve is. Think I am going to change it and see what happens. Never had to change one before. Has anyone else?
2 screws through the flow and return brass manifilds and it falls out! :) Can sometimes be easier to remove if you take the gas conection pipe out between the valve and burner :)

Nuts not that accessible. There will probably be an easier way than the route I take at first and will probably see it half way through!! lol.

Hope it sorts the problem. It was working in ch but now it is also overheating. Getting new nrv and see how it goes. Probably go armed with a few bits ie new thermistors (thanks) and maybe a phex.

Let us know how you get on. If its effecting both hater and heating then I'd be concentrating on the area's that are common to both; flow thermister, pump,main hex/flow/return... that sort of thing.

Fitted non return valve. Rattling noise stopped now. Still overheating. Checked flow and return service valves, both open/close. Pump ok, had head off and see it turning both sides, resistance through pump 160 ohms, so it seems ok. Now have primary hex off and soaking it for 24 hrs in chemicals. returning to fit tomorrow.

Not too much hassle to get the NRV out. Looked tighter than it was.

You'd need quite a restriction for it to reduce the flow to a point where it's overheating before the primary sensor kicks in and shuts the gas down! I'm a bit of a 'blower' when it comes down to checking through hex's! By the way, did you know these have a pre-heat on the hot water. They'll not kick diverter across to heating until the phex is up to temp!

Took hex out of chemical bath there and it has not produced much dirt at all. I can blow through it no problem. Do not think that this is the problem now with the little amount of cr=p that came out.

Ahhhh!!

Going back now to refit hex and see if it has helped at all. My feeling is it will probably still do it.

Took hex out of chemical bath there and it has not produced much dirt at all. I can blow through it no problem. Do not think that this is the problem now with the little amount of cr=p that came out.

Ahhhh!!

Going back now to refit hex and see if it has helped at all. My feeling is it will probably still do it.

Needs to be ultrasonic bath to remove deposits effectively.,

What did you try to clean with?
Never used it but spirit of salts has been said to give good results.
An ultrasonic bath can bring them up almost as good as new but you need access to one.

You sure the divertor assembly is operating ok? Had to replace few bobbins due to sticking. There is a kit for this.

What did you try to clean with?
Never used it but spirit of salts has been said to give good results.
An ultrasonic bath can bring them up almost as good as new but you need access to one.

You sure the divertor assembly is operating ok? Had to replace few bobbins due to sticking. There is a kit for this.

Dish washer salt in ultrasonic bath leaves u thinking a soap bomb went off but the plates are immaculate. Cherry cola does a good job when left for 5 hours

Similar plumbing topics

Do you find a solution, I have exactly the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
  • Question
Hi all, So just had power restored again...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it was the non return valve on the bottom...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Got one on order. Thanks. You in the States?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just an addendum to say I have done my beést...
Replies
Views
Back