Vokera Maxin 28e lockouts | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Maxin 28e lockouts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alasdairc

Hello,

Looking for a advice/someone in Glasgow who can put the time and energy into troubleshooting what is causing a Vokera Maxin 28e to lockout. We don't have the money to replace this boiler, and have already dealt with two engineers who were unable/unwilling to troubleshoot this. Both just tried to sell us a new boiler. We will probably sell this house in the next year, parts are cheap and so would rather pay for labour rather than a whole new unit.

Now and again the boiler goes into lockout. Fan and pump continue running, it's the ignition that fails.

I've sat with the manual and followed the troubleshooting flowchart. 240v is present at the ignition box on the pins specified. The last step is 'is the lockout switch illuminated, press to reset'. Not very helpful.

I even bought a second hand PCB, replaced it, which worked for a day with no lockouts but then failed permanently (pump on but fan dead). I'm handy with plumbing and electrics, but not qualified with gas.

What I don't understand is whether the only approach is to replace each part one by one until the fault is fixed or there is a more direct approach to pin-point what is going wrong.

Before the lockouts started happening, in the kitchen the tap would sometimes run cold, only way to get hot water would be to close the tap,

You realise that changing all those bits you have broken the Law?
Get another engineer in or bite the bullet and change the boiler, it's going to be easier to sell your house with a modern condensing boiler in it ;)

Sorry, I've posted in the request a plumber forum. Please close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Get a gas safe engineer and don't mess with a...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, Looking for a plumber in Glasgow...
Replies
Views
alasdairc
A
Back