Vokera Maxin24e | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Maxin24e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Have a problem with a Vokera Maxin24e which is not firing when there is a demand for hot water. The piston on the divertor valve is not coming out to make the microswitch. I had parts from an old boiler so I swapped the valve and the domestic distribution manifold out as I had them as one piece but the piston is still not coming out. Now I don't know if the ones I put in are definitely working but I was hoping for a few ideas to help me get it sorted. It's for an elderly couple and I don't think they have too much so was trying to sort it without costing too much. I've told them because of age of boiler they should start putting a bit away for a new one. Thanks for any help!

I'm not too familiar with Vokera boilers but according to my logic, which isn't always correct, I would think that if you've put a replacement in and it still doesn't work then there's a problem somewhere else.
That said, it might also be possible that the replacement is faulty. What's the standard check for the diveter valve on the boiler in question? If it requires a certain voltage to make it work (the piston that is) then can you either, check that you're getting the correct voltage to the point it's supposed to be at to power the Pistons' movement, or set up some kind of test rig to check it out?

If the pins not moving the diaphragms knackered, just get a service kit

Was just wondering if there was something else I was missing. It's just that the diaphragm and valve were working (I think!!) in the boiler that I changed out, so when the exact same thing is happening with second hand bits I thought they're must be something that I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back