Vokera Mynute 16e room sealed boiler problem! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Mynute 16e room sealed boiler problem! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan the plumber

Good Morning one and all,

I am after a bit of advice regarding my parents Vokera boiler!

Yesterday, I bled an upstairs rad as it was only getting luke warm. There was a fair bit of air come out! Topped system back up to 1bar & everything worked fine.
Last night dad rang to say the boiler had stopped working!
Basically, this is the 2nd time in the same amount of mnths this has happend!
The boiler works fine but after the pressure has been topped back up & the boiler has been on for some time, the pressure builds to over 3 bar hence causing pressure relief to open & dump outside! The next time they come to use the boiler, the pressure is literally on 0bar hence boiler won't work!

Any suggestions? Do you think it could be that the expansion vessel needs repressurising!? Or a faulty pressure relief valve!?

P.s British Gas came out to this same prob around a month ago & engineer aparantly just took off filing loop & advised parents that a magna clean needed fitting!

Thanks in advance all.

Dan

Pressure vessel has lost its air (1bar) or vessel pipe blocked. Easy fix, engineer could sort that in 30 mins. I do loads at this time of year.

Morning all,

Expansion vessel has been recharged to 1bar but above problem still happens!

Im not convinced the pressure relief is at fault as it doesn't do it's job unless pressure builds above 3bar!

Any ideas as to why pressure rises to almost 3.5bar when only approx 0.8bar of pressure is in the system from cold!? Do you think the expansion vessel may be shot hence no where for expansion to go other than outside!?

Why would bleeding 1 rad cause this problem!?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be in the cylinder cupboard,
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, think I just need the confidence to...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back