Vokera Mynute 35HE will not continue firing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Mynute 35HE will not continue firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael29068

Gas Engineer
Hi there I have a Vokera Mynute 35HE which fires up for approx 3 seconds and then firing stops for approx 10 seconds after which it will fire up again for another 3 seconds and keep repeating this action.
This will continue for a half an hour or so and then lock out with RESET and 10 on the control panel display.
On resetting the boiler the above will start all over again until the next lock out.
I have changed the spark/flame detection electrode but this did not sort the problem.
The pcb does not appear to see a flame and therefore is shutting down and restarting the ignition process continuously until the boiler goes to lock out I would reckon.
Has anyone any suggestions on solving this problem.

in that case have you done a continuity test on the electrode lead?and did you get continuity?

I have checked continuity of electrode lead and lead is ok.
Seems to me like a faulty pcb but obviously I dont want to commit to replacing it without exhausting all other possibilities.
Thanks.

right you need to check for reversed polarity first,if this is present your new pcb will blow up if you rule this out,and have tested for continuity on the electrode and lead then the pcb is faulty

One of the first things I do when I suspect an electrical fault is rèqiured electrical checks ie polarity, resistance to earth, short circuit, earth continuity. I agree its looks like a pcb (450 euro).
I will replace the pcb and let you know what happens.
Thanks.

not sure about euro to pounds conversion but logically must be pcb,sorry to give you a hard time on the faulting technique Michael but as you can appreciate being a fellow rgi i have to cover all angles when giving advice in exactly the same way as i would fault find, to make sure the right direction on persueing a fault is followed after all i would not want someone saying THAT BLOODY GASMAN on the plumbers forum(the best one) told me it was the pcb and mr jones put a point in and buggered up the polarity to the combi ,hope this sorts it good luck mate and we always appreciate feedback

Hi Gasman,
Fitted new pcb and boiler is now up and running as it should be.
Once again many thanks for all your assistance and prompt replies to this thread.
Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Wait until you can get hold of somebody with...
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back