Vokera option HW issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera option HW issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jgmgasservices

Evening Chaps,

Got a Vokera option. Hot water runs hot then cold. Boiler not modulating to low on HW. High and low gas pressures are correct,
Replaced DHW thermister. Its a twin pass Heat ex
Thinking blockage maybe?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Not familiar with the boiler ... however IF the primary o/heat is governed by the heating sensor then it could be faulty tripping the flow temp prematurely? Just a guess... Otherwise I'd be thinking as you are? :)

Cheers Diamond

I will try a primary NTC. Ill let you know how I get on.

Does it work ok if you take the combustion case off? Could be an air pressure issue - dirty fan/venturi?

Cheers Diamond

I will try a primary NTC. Ill let you know how I get on.

I gave the instructions a glance over and there's a separate o/heat & flow sensor so chances are its dropping out on o/heat. Either that could be faulty or blockage? instructions also mention that the flame will extinguish if the hot water temp gets to 5DegC above point .. Does this occur?

Going back next week with a primary NTC and o/heat stat. Will change these check/clean fan and venturi. Also has two flexible connections to heat ex, will check these for blockages. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for advise

Going back next week with a primary NTC and o/heat stat. Will change these check/clean fan and venturi. Also has two flexible connections to heat ex, will check these for blockages. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for advise

Aha! I know the one now! Only ever worked on one and I had to change those flexi's coz they were choked up! Horrible Boiler!! Good Luck!

Went back today. Replaced primary ntc cleaned fan and venturi replaced o/heat stat. Still same.

Turns out that every 4/5 mins it cuts power to the fan for just a second. Which means either demand lost or boiler thinks its hot enough.

Dont think its a blockage as pump doesnt run for HW. Temps were fine modulating ok not o/heating. Linked out flowswitch (long shot) still same. Only thing I can think is PCB. Vokera agree.

So another visit req.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks, I have a probe thermometer so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The water should come out no hotter than the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
Back