Vokera Unica 36he | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Unica 36he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Leak on Vokera heating delivery ramp. I have never worked on one of these, can anyone tell me how to remove the o"rings at the top where it goes into the heat exchanger. I can't see how to remove them without dismantling the heat exchanger?
Cheers

Do you mean the orings on the main hex tapping. If so I replaced a pipe set on one, boss ordered new pipe set expected new seals there were none. Called vokera said that's how they came, they sit inside the socket on the hex. Very carefully eased them out with a small electrical screwdriver. Gave them a good clean up and plenty of silicone grease and all was OK.

Thanks IDCHAPPY I dont have a picture at the moment.

neily01I am not sure what you mean by the main hex tapping, its at the top of the kit round from the auto air vent and the degassing ramp where it is attached to the heat exchanger via a clip. Removing that clip and pulling free, there are supposed to be two o'rings unfortunately the boiler is quite close to the wall and I can only see inside with a mirror. I might be able to get a very small screw driver in to remove them? The new o' rings arrive tomorrow. Thanks

After repairing the degassing pipe, the fan wouldn't run, it had had too much water dripping on it. I didn't know that the boiler hadn't been running for a few weeks. They could have let me in on the secret. It had tripped the main fuse board. New fan now fitted, boiler working. Moral to this story try boiler first before repairing leaks. One more thing. A scalpel comes in very handy for removing the o ring at the bottom near the heat excanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The housing association I work for only get...
Replies
Views
unless you are gas safe reg, you should NOT...
Replies
Views
That’s fine I would say so min 25mm
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi John Yes I have evacuated tubes. They are...
Replies
Views
Back