VRT 392 Communication Error at Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss VRT 392 Communication Error at Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonky Knees

I recently swapped in a Vaillant 932 (wired, not wireless) (the user had a Drayton RF) on an EcoTec Pro. When the boiler and programmer are switched on, the VRT 932 displays "Com Error Boiler" when the VRT attempts to communicate with the boiler. The programmer doesn't communicate with the boiler at all, and the boiler runs continuously (default mode) even if the VRT 932 is switched off. Here's some other information that might be useful:

(1) The cable from the VRT 932 does not run parallel or close to any existing domestic electrical circuits.
(2) The jumper between terminals 3&4 is in place.
(3) I set the setback temperature to 5C (as some installations will run continuously at 15C).
(4) There are no fault codes displaying on the boiler.
(5) DHW runs fine.
(6) Reducing the HC flow temp. on the boiler (using the dial) shuts the fire, but the pump is still running.
(7) Turning the boiler off an on from the mains does not clear the problem; Turning the boiler off and on from the panel switch doesn't clear the problem, either.
(8) I observed polarity on the eBus (even though the installation instructions say I don't need to).

My hunch is that the problem is some place in the board, but I'd like your opinions. I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
To be fair the VR350F you have is knocking on...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Do upstairs radiators get hotter than...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
I would go fixed price Glowworm repair. As...
Replies
Views
Back