Wall hung oil boilers - help needed please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wall hung oil boilers - help needed please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I've come on here as really need some help with buying a new oil boiler please.

My current Firebird Olympic 50-80 is about 40 years old and my wonderful plumber has kept it going but its days are numbered.

I'm looking for a new oil boiler that would go on the wall so that I can make space for a dishwasher where the boiler has been, but I'm so confused about boilers. I really don't understand about combi boilers etc and I'm not sure about what I can have.

I currently have a hot water tank in the airing cupboard and a cold tank in the loft. What are my options with an oil boiler? The main criteria is that it is as small as possible and can go on the wall, apart from the obvious value for money.

The only wall mounted boiler I can find is the Grant Vortex. Can anyone recommend another small wall hung oil boiler please?

Grant and houndsfield are the only ones that make wall hung heat only boilers tbh I would recommend a floor standing over one of them there not the best and quiet large about the size of a double kitchen wall unit

Houndsfield would be my choice upgrade your hot water cylinder also .kop

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_132936768_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220602_132936768_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220606_170427592.jpg
    IMG_20220606_170427592.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-20220606-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220606-WA0001.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
External hounsfield heat only. If you really need a combi then again an external but hounsfield don't make combis.

I would stay away from a wall mounted one, mare to work on.

Similar plumbing topics

The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
As above, highly unlikely to be boiler if it...
Replies
Views
Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back