Wall Hung Toilet Frame | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wall Hung Toilet Frame in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

Our plumber has just fitted a wall hung toilet frame. However he found that the frame to too tall and came above the window ledge. To make the frame fit, he has sawn off a horizontal bar at the top of the frame. The horizontal bar removed were where the brackets to fix the frame to the wall were located. So with this bar removed the frame is now only fixed to the floor and with a small wood screw through the vertical bars of the frame into a wooden frame that he was building to hide the frame.

My question is what the plumber has done compromised the frame so that it really should not be used and a new frame should be installed

Many thank for any replies

John

Really and truthfully he should of changed the frame there are other options something like this you can see in the first picture the frame is alot lower do you have any pictures. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200315-200413_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200315-200413_Photos.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20200315-200742_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200315-200742_Photos.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 44
Many thanks for the replies. I have posted 2 pictures. The first shows the frame before it was cut and the second afterwards. So all that is holding the frame is a single screw into the woodwork

IMG_3440.PNGIMG_3441.PNG

Probably not an ideal installation.
But saying that, if the timber frame is secured to the wall adequately and the wall hung frame is secured to the timber frame, then the metal frame shouldn't move.

Definitely needs more fixings onto the side frame and probably larger gauge screws

Probably not an ideal installation.
But saying that, if the timber frame is secured to the wall adequately and the wall hung frame is secured to the timber frame, then the metal frame shouldn't move.

Definitely needs more fixings onto the side frame and probably larger gauge screws
Many thanks for the reply. The plumber is now going to remove this and install a smaller 'under window' frame

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you can replace the pan- you would be wise...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Thanks for everyones advice. With some...
Replies
Views
Thank you, I'll give that a try
Replies
Views
Many thanks Ben, points taken. Geberit, it's...
Replies
Views
Back