Wall hung toilet nightmare | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wall hung toilet nightmare in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmal

I've foolishly bought online a concealed cistern/frame and a wall mounted wc.

In my amateur opinion, the frame, the back of the pan, and the front face of the pan which the bolts pass through should all be parallel.

That way, they will all clamp up nicely when the bolts are tightened.

But on the item supplied, each side of the front face of the pan which the bolts pass is angled inwards quite sharply.

I'm concerned that when the bolts are tightened, the washers, plastic sleeves etc won’t be in total contact with the pan, and will put it under too much strain.

Don't know if it will work, but here's a link to a diagram & a photo:

[DLMURL="http://picasaweb.google.com/purealgarve/Toilet#"]Picasa Web Albums - purealgarve - toilet[/DLMURL]

cheers ;)

PS.... I think the item supplied is substandard & should be returned, but they're having none of it....

Last edited by a moderator:
is it an internet purchased as i had a mare of a time getting a refund for a faulty toilet from the internet
sometimes you pay more from the merchant but he doesnt normally quible with taking faulty stuff back

Thanks newbie1.... yes sometimes you get what you pay for.

What I really need guys is someone experienced in fitting these b***y things to tell me whether I'm worrying unecessarily or whether the merchant is trying it on!!! :mad:

I think it's a design/manufacturing fault but he doesn't agree,

i would be dubious that a cracked pan might occur if things are flush they normally hold well but that doesnt look promising

It seems like a manufacturing fault to me. If worse scenario happens and your stuck with it why don't you try using the cone shaped rubber washers that you get in close coupled cisterns at the bottom to stop water getting out of the bolt holes. You'd have to chop them down so they aren't so big but they will distribute the weight abit better

Also I know it won't look spot on but if you can find white one's it has to be better than what you've got.

looks pretty normal to me possibly not tightened up in the picture? provided the surface behind the pan is flush you can tighten this up to squash the washer is there room for the top hat plastic to go in further ?

as steve said previously, are you sure the surface, back plate of toilet is flush, had to go to a job a few weeks back and look at similar job(geberit toilet, conceald cistern) pan had cracked due to frame work being out.

iv'e fitted quite a few of these and think your worrying too much as already mentioned if you have the right structure and decent fixings then fit it and enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you can replace the pan- you would be wise...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Update: used the grohe set instead and whilst...
Replies
Views
Thank you, I'll give that a try
Replies
Views
Back