Wall hung toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wall hung toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeF00

Hi, i am about to install a wall hung toilet (on a 'H' style frame). I have 2 questions
  1. i am going to build a wooden frame that although wont take the weight of toilet , will provide a means of attaching the backing board behind where the toilet user sits. What material should this board be?, plaster board, or some lind of thick ply?. I intend to tile it before finally attahcing the toilet base on to the steel rods.
  2. also, should the toilet sit with its back against tiles, or straight on on the ply/plasterboard?. i would like to tile the bosrd completely but worried the 'crushing ' effect on the tiles the toilet may have.

Thanks for replying. Would you sandwich tiles between toliet and ply?

Ply or tile backer board over framework then tile and grout then place toilet on, always tile behind fixtures allows for future changing of items without changing tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you can replace the pan- you would be wise...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Communication is always the key in...
Replies
Views
Back