Wall Hung WC Mounting | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wall Hung WC Mounting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
First for me - a customer has requested a wall hung WC. The catalogue shows mounting frames for use in false walls, however this one is to go directly onto solid masonry with the cistern and waste in a void behind. What fixings to I need in such circumstance?

First for me - a customer has requested a wall hung WC. The catalogue shows mounting frames for use in false walls, however this one is to go directly onto solid masonry with the cistern and waste in a void behind. What fixings to I need in such circumstance?

They normally come with fixings mate

Might struggle with that, always used a frame that had all the fixings. Not a fan of em. Let us know how you get on.

You probably will have to chase in some brackets. Never fitted one, but MI's should have answers. Interested to know, though.

How thick is the wall? I presume a single brick or block? If so, fit the brackets (read 'long bolts' through the wall and drill the holes for the soil and flush pipes. You can get a cistern for about £60 which will marry up to this on the other side of the wall.

Job done.

Get a geberit frame and you can get extensions for waste ect didn't read post corectly not realy designed for solid Walls the way you have to do it without frame more for stud
But if you have to use no frame
10x120 fisher fixings will do it but make sure some form of rubber is used between wall and pan when tightening agaist wall or could brake easy

IMO you don't want anything between the wall and pan as it will create a pinch point. All you need on the pan side is the usual fixings.

Be VERY VERY careful about bolting directly to a wall, unless the wall is very solid and the fixings are very good AND designed for the pan you will likely get problems. Definately talk to the pan manufacturer and follow there advice. I'm not saying you couldn't do it but its not one that you want to be making up as you go along.

Was thinking about hilti resin anchors in the wall.

How thick is the wall? I presume a single brick or block? If so, fit the brackets (read 'long bolts' through the wall and drill the holes for the soil and flush pipes. You can get a cistern for about £60 which will marry up to this on the other side of the wall.

Job done.

done one like this but made 4 plates 3mm thk steel and put on either side of wall on wc side sunk into plaster to spread the load.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
As the guys have stated the frame needs to be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dear Bertie, Great advice from the Pros...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have...
Replies
Views
Thanks for everyones advice. With some...
Replies
Views
Back