want gas experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss want gas experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aaronsmith

im a qualified plumber been through all the gas training bt did no have enough gas day 2 b alowed 2 sit gas exam eanybudy fancy takein me 1 day a week serviceing gas instalations etc...im not wanting paid,in the glasgow area,iv got my own plumbing buisness just no gas,eany advice help would be great!

Bit of a difficult situation aaronsmith..... you need experience to do your practicals yet you want some one that u will be competing directly against to show you how he does it basically for absolutely no gain for him and prob a loss as in these hard times it would mean more and more people after the same slice of apple pie..... think your best option would be to offer up your wife /g/f etc.......ha ha!!! but in all seriousness you need to shadow a mate as can't see a total stranger doing it unless its an old boy retiring who may want to try and sell you his customer database.....or you could also try offering a cash incentive to those who may be willing to help!

haha good one i kwow what u mean lol pain in the neak if eanybody is interested let me know

Speak to your local council, if they have a gas team. You won't be competing with them once qualified, they also like to help as it makes them look good in their community.

thanks for your help guys a will phone them tomorrow thanks folks:)

or easier still if you have a plumbing bussiness already employ a gas lad and jump on them jobs with him get experiance, get more work and expand your company at the same time :) oh an your company will be gas safe reg for when you have passed your gas

or easier still if you have a plumbing bussiness already employ a gas lad and jump on them jobs with him get experiance, get more work and expand your company at the same time :) oh an your company will be gas safe reg for when you have passed your gas

I am de-registering for gas this year because I can't make it pay. My ACS core is over, my 18 month old analyser needed a £136 repair/service, despite being serviced at the end of the first year £86, and now I need to do a course to use it.

Business has dropped massively and I have to cut my cloth. I do not think the gas side of things will get any busier, given the number of entrants into an already over-supplied field.

In addition, gas installers round my way are offering to work for free 'to gain experience', and they have gas tickets, so it will be easy to find someone to sign off your work or assist you when needed.

I think its a time to work smart, and not get bogged down with more over-heads.

I am a GS registered engineer. I may be able to help you. I am based in Glasgow and someone helped me so I might be able to help you. I await your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
I'm looking for someone to work with me on a...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Back