Wanted! All central heating problems and solutions you've come across. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wanted! All central heating problems and solutions you've come across. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasons greetings all plumbers!!

I'm laid up with a nasty cold (aaah!) and I thought I'd turn my spare time in bed into something useful by trying to learn something useful about central heating and the problems associated with it.

There have been some brilliant general hints and tips on this site so I'd like to collate something similar for central heating. Also, if any of you know any good sites dedicated to installing central heating I'm looking for something that would complement my training.

Thanks all and I'll start with an obvious one - individual radiators not working. Solution; take off the TRV and gently tap the pin in the middle with a hammer until it springs up again. This will let the hot water through the valve and into the radiator to heat it.

You should not hit the pin with a hammer will cause more damage than good,tap the side of the valve body,you are not trying to free pin off but rubber washer stuck down on seat

When heating not working ,check the simple things first,that controls are on,I still get paid £100's a year to turn them up

When using corrosive flux, wash your hands before you go to the toilet.

or pick your nose after using corrosive flux. Never leave your spirit level on the job overnight - customers can try it on everything. Always level everthing perfectly in bathrooms and sitting rooms you can get away with murder in corridors and landings

centralheatking

Can't work out which way the water flows in the airing cupboard? Look for the arrow on the pump.

It's not a tip or trick as such but something that customers always notice is being able to work tidily and not leaving the house in a state.

5 minutes with a dustpan and brush will work wonders for your reputation

i agree,no one likes their house left in a state,there are of course some houses were you wipe your feet on the way out LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
K
Do NOT take the boiler casing off. You need...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
Check that the small tank in the loft has...
Replies
Views
mountainman
M
P
Afraid you can't do anything with that boiler...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
When the valve is in the HW only position or...
Replies
Views
Back