Warix/Warwick Flange outlet size query | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warix/Warwick Flange outlet size query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning to you all, 1st post so please bear will me.

I have recently refitted my bathroom, new shower bath, wc, basin, radiator, floor (ply sheets + laminate) and Multipanel on the walls.All good and no problems so far.

I have purchased a theromostatic, composite, ceiling fed, pumped mixer shower made by Mira and it is suitable for my gravity fed system (bathroom and HWC on 1st floor and CWT in the loft). I have followed MI's and have positioned the combined valve/pump unit in the loft and have run a 15mm feed to it from the CWT (both in and out feeds on the unit are 15mm). I intend to run the hot feed from the HWC to the unit by means of a WarwichWarix flange. Problem is that the largest outlets I can find on this type of flange are 22mm. This will not be a problem for the direct feed to the pump/valve unit as it will eventually have to reduce to 15mm. However, if I connect the other 22mm outlet on the flange to the existing pipwork for the hot water supply to the rest of the house will it affect the water pressure at the taps? I know that the 28mm pipework reduces to 22mm at some point and that ground floor hot water taps shouldn'd loose pressure, but, 1st floor bath is already slow to fill.

Thank you

Just use a 28 x 22 reducing tee, reduction on branch and cut it into the horizontal pipe from your cylinder and make sure it points down to help prevent air ingress. Not a fan of the flanges, HOWEVER, your warranty with Mira will depend on the instructions given with the pump/shower.

You also say that the bath is slow to fill, are the taps suitable for low pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Thanks for joining the forum and posting...
Replies
Views
Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
or the smaller dia the pipe the faster the...
Replies
Views
Back