Warm air blower (oil) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Bunker
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K

Discuss Warm air blower (oil) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Well, its been a week of new experiences. The sooty boiler referred to in my previous thread turns out to be a 22.5 Kw Garbutt warm air blower on a 3 bed bungalow. Ive never even looked at one before but quickly pulled the access panels off to find the air chamber full of soot. The front blast chamber door is split and there is daylight coming through the back end. Im thinking this is one lucky custard, all those gasses circulating round the bungalow. Garbutt dont appear to be around anymore more but Google suggested a firm called BMM. I spoke with them and for a couple of grand (!) they could make a new heat exchanger.....
Im just gonna take it to my local weld shop and have them make a new front door with flue stub, and weld the back up.

Once all this is done and pressure tested, anyone can recommend the settings to try and achieve on the burner?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3951.jpg
    IMG_3951.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3952.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3955.jpg
    IMG_3955.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 25
Talk to Powrmatic or Warmflow, you could get a complete new unit for the price of new hex!

If its a d11 I think .75/80h with a pump pressure of about140psi wouldnt be far off

Just one for you bunker. Don't get the cracks welded. I have capped off quite a few warm air units on oil and gas. The metal is at a brittle stage it won't expand and contract anymore, I guarantee you will go back next year and there will be a crack next to the weld. I've had people ignore this and sure enough next time cracked again.

Thanks for that mate, unfortunately too late, custard already had it done. Returning next week to re-instate. I'll advise them to start planning for a replacement.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

These are the new set. They have a v shape on...
Replies
Views
Just as I thought - very familiar photo &...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
I would say, set your boiler temp where it was...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back