Warmflow boiler overheating / tripping - Advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warmflow boiler overheating / tripping - Advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mtbeatle

I got my outdoor warmflow boiler serviced about a week ago and it has not worked properly since. Whenever the hot water is used the boiler keeps tripping/overheating and needs to be manually reset.

The engineer guy has been back almost every day since but I am still not getting proper hot water and it continues to trip. The central heating seems to be working fine.

He has so far replaced the hot water pump (made little differance so the old one is back on)

He has replaced the mixing valve (possibly made a slight differance)

He has checked the thermosat and says its not this.

Does anyone have any ideas. Warmflow have suggested there could be a blockage. The engineer removed a flexi pipe and the small silver water heater but no blocks there.

I just noticed, what I think is the pressure relief valve, is weeping slightly. Could this cause the problem? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Many Thanks

Sounds more like a faulty stat to be honest
Prv needs replacing if leaking
Isit a sealed system

Common problem with these is the flexible hoses (2) they appear ok externally but internally they break down and restrict flow or completely block. Both hoses need to be checked I have done a couple of these with the same symptoms

We are having exactly the same problem and now on our third plumber. Warmflow refuse to even give us the name of a plumber who may be familiar with their boilers they say because they have been sued in the past for recommending someone !!!!! I will let you know if our current plumber can solve the problem, as you say the water works fine with just the central heating on, so not a problem at this time of year, but don't want to have the heating on in summer so like you would like it solving asap, also we have a woodburner so don't need the CH on a lot of the time so consequently don't have to luxury or constant hot water which we have had prior to this problem.

Yay result after months and 3 plumbers we have hot water and central heating (fingers crossed) it was the flexible hoses, our plumber rang Warmflow who told him it would be the hoses but he was sceptical until I told him my friends:17: on the plumbing forum said the same thing so he took them off and poked some pipe down them and big lumps of rust came out he then flushed them out with water and all gunge came out, he then re fitted them and everything is working, I am not sure if it will stay working as some of you have said the inside of the hose breaks down so I do wonder if we will have to have them replaced but at the moment it is working. I will copy and paste this to the original thread I started and also onto the thread I joined in on so apologies to anyone who reads this twice, also many many thanks for those of you lovely plumbers who took the time to reply and advise.

Common problem with these is the flexible hoses (2) they appear ok externally but internally they break down and restrict flow or completely block. Both hoses need to be checked I have done a couple of these with the same symptoms
Glad you got it sorted but I would get the hoses replaced at some time because if there is any build up in the hose it will block again and they do deteriorate with age.

Yes thanks kimbo we will, at least we have got to the bottom of it and do hope this helps others with Warmflow oil boiler problems, every remedy helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back