Warmflow boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warmflow boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mh24

hi to all

i have a Warmflow Utility 90 High Eff boiler which until now has worked ok, but it has decided to develop a fault, it doesn't want to fire up and goes to lockout.
The pump and fan run ok, there is oil supply to the nozzle and the control box, voltage leads and electrodes are new. The nozzle is the existing one but has been checked and appears to be clear. The photocel has been checked and is clear.
The only thing l can think is that the pump sounds noisy and lm wondering if its not holding pressure then this is causing it to go to lockout?

Does anyone have any advice which would be gratfully received.

Mark

Sounds like the pump. Is the solenoid magnetising? If not then could be that. Noise is usually the pump and they're one of the first parts to fail.

Not sure about the solenoid, will need to check. Any advice on how to do that?
I have a pressure gauge to test the operating pressure on the pump, l guess its ok if it maintains about 8 bar?

That's right. To test the solenoid, remove it, put it on a screwdriver and turn on boiler. If you feel it pulling before the burner locks out it's probably okay. There's a better test with a multimeter (can't remember off hand what it is) but this magnetic test is usually enough. I'm still putting my money on the pump - the noise is giving the game away!

Ok, will give it a go, but l'm with you on the pump theory.

Thanks for your advice dontknowitall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Just remember that coil failure is common on...
Replies
Views
Back