Warmflow oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warmflow oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have friends in northern Ireland who have had a new Warmflow boiler installed, but keep getting oil smell in bedroom directly behind the external boiler, it's not CO fumes as Ia ttold them to fit a CO detector in the room, not in use at the moment, due to their daughter leaving home, and it's never activated. Any one got any ideas.

Was the original boiler inside the property?

How did the old oil pipe run, not under the floor in the bedroom and just cut off without getting rid of old oil in it?

No original was external and oil line ran along wall to boiler position.
Also old boiler was balanced flue, new one is vertical,

Last edited:
Its definitely oil and not products of combustion? is there a oil leak that's soaking into the fabric of the building? POC coming through air vent or window?

If it isn't flue gases, then it must be an oil leak - even slight. They better have the oil pump, oil hose & oil line checked by someone. A lot of installs have oil leaks, I notice.
They haven't fitted a standard tigerloop inside have they?

If it isn't flue gases, then it must be an oil leak - even slight. They better have the oil pump, oil hose & oil line checked by someone. A lot of installs have oil leaks, I notice.
They haven't fitted a standard tigerloop inside have they?

No tiger loop fitted, oil tank is at front of house and higher than boiler, and co detector not activated so more than likely not poc.

I would worry about oil smell. If the oil pipe has been sleeved through a larger pipe, like a blue water pipe, & the outer sleeve hasn't been brought up above floor / ground level, then risk of leak not showing. Also, assume a KBB fire valve has been fitted outside? It could have leaks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is...
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back