Warmflow utility 90 he combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warmflow utility 90 he combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys fitted a warmflow combi side exit flue pmk smoke test ok pump pressure slightly low adjusted to 8 bar as per book the boiler was set to 4 on the vac tested the flue with my Kane very high CO 450 ppm so turned the vac slowly down got to 1 and the levels lowered And I was having 45 ppm and 11.6 co2 how's this sound to everyone quite new to oil I'm finishing the job Monday have I set this right

Sounds ok PJ. If you can get 11-11.5% CO2 all the better but I'd be happy with 11.6%. You'll find your CO readings slightly higher on an HE too.

I've not done much install work That adjustment screw set to number 1 that's ok as it was set to 4 And I've adjusted it to 1

i might be barking up the wrong tree here but I set iaw burner manual and first thing I do is pump pressure, smoke test, adjust air intake if need be to bring smoke to 0, then stivck in the fga and look for manufacturers setting on co2 ie around 11% or what ever they want. vacuum readings for me are to check if pump is working to hard at getting fuel to burner, if all else is ok not many I know bother with vacuum readings. Are u oftec, it might help to get their manuals out if you are its all in there. but use the burner settings given by warmflow. then u can fill in the commissioning report correctly

Hmmmmmm I took vac as being a local euphemism for air gate........

I've just got my tickets and oftec is going though wow very expensive My pump pressure is set to 8 bar the co2 11.6 and about 45 ppm and the vac adjusted to number 1 this sound ok ??

I no I'm getting more and more oil work but requardds to this setting how does it sound am I right or more jiggling on Monday

I wouldn't close the air down any more. As I said ideally you're looking 11-11.5% CO2 but I'd be happy to sign that off there.

Why did you choose a warmflow. On their past records you may regret it but they might have improved.

Tbh i was going to fit a Worecster heatslave but it was not possible Are they rubbish then

It wouldnt be my first choice it would be one of my last choices. I have had lots of problems with them and taken quite a few out. Everyone has their own opinion about which is the best boiler and you will form your own opinion. Combis of whatever make will keep you in work. My preference would be grant and I am not a lover of combis I prefer a standard boiler and unvented cylinder. Worcester have had their own problems and have redesigned their boilers after many complaints from engineers. According to grsnt they supply half the oil boilrrs in the country that tells uou something

As Kimbo says it's personal preference. I like worcesters, but have been getting a few Warmflows and have had no issues. The warmflows are easier to install than the worcesters. Don't like grants or firebirds.

I'm really interested in getting hold of one of the new Worcester combis though.

I've fitted a worester combi rubbish IMO fitted 2 warmflows as they were available I've got a job lined up ready for a new worecster

Def the warmflow is fiddly and I fitted a pmk and a differnt place as a worcster errrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
I am sorry to say, the leaks, brittle gaskets...
Replies
Views
OilBoy
O
L
Re: Warmflow 70/90 Combi Boiler - What is the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
thanks for that - I'll have a go next time I...
Replies
Views
creens
C
G
Re: Replacing system boiler with combi? Do I...
Replies
Views
gazzarose
G
Back