Warranty engineer telling stories?... | Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Warranty engineer telling stories?... in the Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a customer complain of no hot water / heating with their 6 month old Ecotec plus 837. I popped over and had a look, seized pump, stripped it out and it was sticking. The water quality (to me) was ok, no bits in the casing, the TF1 was cleaned and had a caught a little sludge but nothing much. I told the customer to contact Vaillant and arrange for an engineer to call out and change the pump.
He went out and changed the pump and then said to my customer that there was too much cleaner in the water and it needed flushed out!.
The customer has phoned me this morning telling me this so now I have to go out and see what the issue is with the system water. It was flushed when I installed the boiler and I find it strange that there would be cleaner in the system when it was drained and refilled and dosed with inhibitor. This is the first time I have had to get a warranty visit, has anyone ever heard of too much cleaner/inhibitor in a system as a cause of seizing a 6 month old boiler pump? or is it just Vaillant trying to cover up something?

did your customer say if the engineer tested the water or was it just a guess?? If you flushed the system correctly then i thinking your customer was told this as an excuse for the pump failing rather then addmitting it was faulty.

Had a customer complain of no hot water / heating with their 6 month old Ecotec plus 837. I popped over and had a look, seized pump, stripped it out and it was sticking. The water quality (to me) was ok, no bits in the casing, the TF1 was cleaned and had a caught a little sludge but nothing much. I told the customer to contact Vaillant and arrange for an engineer to call out and change the pump.
He went out and changed the pump and then said to my customer that there was too much cleaner in the water and it needed flushed out!.
The customer has phoned me this morning telling me this so now I have to go out and see what the issue is with the system water. It was flushed when I installed the boiler and I find it strange that there would be cleaner in the system when it was drained and refilled and dosed with inhibitor. This is the first time I have had to get a warranty visit, has anyone ever heard of too much cleaner/inhibitor in a system as a cause of seizing a 6 month old boiler pump? or is it just Vaillant trying to cover up something?

I have had two 8 month old pumps on a vaillants seize, and a couple of grunnys seize also.

The common denominator..... x800. Also know a few others that have had problems with x800.

I have had two 8 month old pumps on a vaillants seize, and a couple of grunnys seize also.

The common denominator..... x800. Also know a few others that have had problems with x800.

Funnily enough I used X800 to flush it out but I thought I had got rid of it all before I filled up, obviously not! Thanks for letting me know about this.

Interesting, I powerflushed a system a while ago using x800. Gave it a good flush out, but a few weeks later the pump packed up. I normally use the fernox.

Vaillant aren't the most forgiving when it comes to backing up the installer down our way, quite often make the installer look bad to save the mighty vaillants reputation!

I rarely put cleanser into a system, just a cold flush and hot flush as long as its not really *****, just for that reason. Although admittedly it was my theory up until reading this now i'm glad I have been doing it this way.

Always fit a spirovent or TF1 aswell.

^ just my theory^ that should of read for some reason my edit button has disappeared :biker:

This post has just reminded me of the 20+ bottles of 3 and x400 i've got in the garage. Might have to put them in for sale section!

Dunno, all the same if you ask me, fancy washing up liquid. It might be x300 actually, x400 is system restorer apparently.

Sentinel X300 Universal Cleaner Flushes out flux and installation debris from new indirect central heating systems and those up to 6 months old. An essential remedy against scale and sludge. Powerful, heavy duty cleaning action. Eliminates corrosive flux residues which could give rise to rapid pin-holing corrosion of radiators. Prevents harmful copper deposits being left in the system. An ideal preparation for X100 Inhibitor.

Sentinel X400 Sludge Remover 1ltr A ruthlessly efficient way to eliminate the build-up of magnetite sludge, X400 is the quick and easy way to eliminate cold spots and restore full heat emission. Restores circulation to part blocked radiators. Can be used in all systems. Prepares existing systems for the installation of new pumps. Does not cause pin-holing or leaks.

As you can guess not my words but off the containers.

if your using heavy duty cleanser then make sure you give it a proper flush afterwards, hot flush, then a real good cold flush, do a cold flush twice with 2nd time leaving mains running through it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have...
Replies
Views
Back