Washing machine and sink into soil pipe?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine and sink into soil pipe?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cerbera84

Hi,

I'm a total novice at plumbing so please be kind!

I have a downstairs toilet with a cold water feed and a soil pipe. I am currently removing a wall to open up the area into a utility room with a washing machine and sink.

I was looking to use the cold water feed for a cold water only sink, and was hoping to use the soil pipe for the waste water from the sink and the washing machine.

1) is it possible to use the soil pipe for the washing machine and sink?
2) what fittings/compunents must I include to prevent any smells coming back up from the soil pipe?

the sink would be directly over where the soil pipe comes out of the floor, and the washing machine will be to the left of the sink, if that helps.

Ben

hi ben welcome to the forums. you will need to get a basin trap with a washing machine spigot like this
52069.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
appears that link didnt work either - the item code is 98234 on the toolstation site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
Back